Current Travel Advice for Customers. Click here
Wellington holidays - Cultural, charismatic and abundant
The utterly stunning capital of New Zealand, Wellington is surrounded by bountiful emerald foliage, luscious wine villages, rolling hilltops and pristine beaches. There is a fantastic wealth of arts and culture here, in addition to a beautiful harbour, wonderful restaurant scene and endless stunning scenery to explore. Wellington’s beachside charm and verdant surroundings are the perfect addition to a luxurious and laid-back New Zealand adventure.
New Zealand's capital is full of enticing experiences
In Wellington, New Zealand's capital, you’re just a short distance from a wealth of exciting things to do, from wildlife sanctuaries and cute seaside villages to vast parks and pristine beaches.
Most visitors find themselves drawn to the inner city, where the hubbub of excitement can be found on a daily basis. Pervading the waterfront is Te Papa Tongrewa, an interactive museum that’s one of the most significant attractions in the whole of New Zealand, and in the evenings you’ll find a collection of live theatre, dance performances and music of all genres. The creative side to Wellington really comes to life here and it becomes even clearer why so many people love this city.
Why visit Wellington?
- It’s a gastronomic experience, with more restaurants per head than New York City, so you’re guaranteed to find something to entice you.
- It’s easy to navigate, thanks to its relatively diminutive size, so you can sample a little of everything it has to offer during your stay.
- The inner city is crammed with boutiques, galleries, cafés and restaurants – it has it all.
- If you tire of city life, you’re just a stone’s throw from the natural side of Wellington where you can go hiking or sea kayaking.
- There are some great tours to make the most of while you’re here, including a tour of the former Lord of the Rings sites, the Parliament buildings and a wine tour of the village of Martinborough.