Spirit of New Zealand
19 Nights from €5,329 per Person Including Flights
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
- Flights & taxes
- Internal travel
- 20 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 14 dinners
- Tour guide throughout
Taking in the best of the North Island with a more comprehensive tour of the South Island, the Spirit of New Zealand is a fully escorted 21-day tour. Offering exceptional value for money, you’ll start in Christchurch and head south to Dunedin before travelling northwards up the South Island. (AA)
Prices are quoted per person on a twin-share basis and do not include international flights.
- Visit the Church of the Good Shepherd
- Take a city tour of Dunedin
- Embark on an overnight cruise of Milford Sound
- Spend some free time in Queenstown
- Explore the natural beauty of Franz Josef Glacier
- Visit the seaside village of Picton before cruising Queen Charlotte Sound
- Take a trip to the Agrodome Sheep Show in Rotorua
- Relax and unwind in the Bay of Islands
- End your trip in the welcoming city of Auckland
Arrive in Christchurch
When you arrive in Christchurch you’ll be transferred to your hotel, then in the evening you’ll meet your tour guide and have a welcome reception and dinner with your tour group.
Overnight: Ibis Hotel, Christchurch (Dinner included)
Today you’ll board your coach and take a look around Christchurch. The city is enjoyed a prolonged period of renewal after damage caused by the earthquake in 2011. Later on you’ll visit Lake Tekapo and Pukaki, before enjoying a trip to the Church of the Good Shepherd. Finally you’ll take in some of the scenery in Mount Cook National Park - a scenic highlight! Opt to take a scenic flight over Mt. Cook (weather permitting).
Overnight: Heritage Gateway, Omarama (Breakfast and dinner included)
On day three you’ll travel down to Dunedin for a tour of the city. As a part of the tour you’ll see the stunning Railway Station as well as the opportunity to visit New Zealand’s only castle, Larnach Castle.
Overnight: Kingsgate Hotel, Dunedin (Breakfast and dinner included)
Today you’ll head from some of New Zealand’s most startling natural beauty as you enter the Fiordland National Park. Here you’ll find ancient glaciers, towering mountains and verdant forests and drive through the Homer Tunnel. Pass Lake Matheson, Pop's Lookout, Cleddau Valley and the Chasm before taking an overnight cruise on the Milford Sound, during which you pass Bowen Falls and Mitre Peak. (Note that between May 21 and Sept 15 there is no overnight cruise – instead you’ll take a day cruise followed by hotel accommodation in Te Anau).
Overnight: Milford Sound cruise (Breakfast and dinner included)
On day five you’ll reach Queenstown, the adventure sports capital of the world visiting the Te Anau Glow Worm Caves on the way. You’ll stay in Queenstown for three nights enjoying a multitude of activities including everything from wine touring, golf playing, 4WD excursion, exploring Queenstown or take a cruise acroos Lake Wakatipu and enjoy a gourmet BBQ dinner with entertainment. If you fancy something more adventurous try your hand at bungee jumping and skydiving or jet-skiing and windsurfing.
Overnight: Copthorne Hotel & Resort, Queenstown (Three breakfasts and two dinners)
Today you’ll visit the gold mining town of Arrowtown and taste some lovely stone fruits at Cromwell. Afterwards you’ll head on to three beautiful lakes: Dunstan, Hawea and Wanaka before sampling the stunning beauty of Haast Pass and the jaw-dropping Thunder Creek Falls before heading on to Franz Josef Glacier.
Overnight: Scenic Hotel Franz Josef Glacier (Graham Wing) (Breakfast and dinner included)
You’ll start today with a viewing Franz Josef Glacier, either taking a hike or an optional flight to see the scenery from above. Afterwards you’ll visit Hokitika, home to the native greenstone before seeing the Pancake Rocks at Punakaiki.
Overnight: Punakaiki Resort, Punakaiki (Breakfast and dinner included)
On day 10 you’ll drive through Buller Gorge and on to sunny Nelson. Here you’ll stay two nights to explore the city taking in the World of Wearable Art and Collectable Cars and browsing the range of craft shops and boutiques. On day 11 you can choose to visit Abel Tasman National Park or just relax in the city.
Overnight: Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco (Two breakfasts and one dinner included)
On day 12 you’ll reach New Zealand’s capital Wellington, stopping off at Picton and cruising on the Queen Charlotte Sound along the way. Take a guided sightseeing tour before a look around Te Papa, the Museum of New Zealand. Day 13 is a day at leisure where you could take a tour of Parliament, go on a Lord of the Rings movie tour or take a more relaxed approach to your day.
Overnight: Travelodge, Wellington (Two breakfasts and one dinner)
Today you’ll pass through the dairy farm land of Manawatu and heading on to Napier. Here you’ll learn the history of the city and understand how it was rebuilt after the famous earthquake of 1931.
Overnight: Hotel Te Pania, Napier (Breakfast and dinner)
On day 15 you’ll travel past Lake Taupo and the Huka Falls before arriving in Rotorua. On arriving you’ll take a tour of the city with features lovely views of Lake Rotorua. In the evening you’ll enjoy a traditional Maori Hangi feast and concert. Staying for two nights, on day 16 you’ll visit Te Puia, the Maori Arts and Crafts institute - you'll see demonstrations of wood carvings and weaving, tour the geothermal valley and hear about its importance to the Maori people.
Overnight: Ibis Hotel, Rotorua (Two breakfasts and one dinner)
Early today you’ll head to the Agrodome Sheep Show for an interesting look at agriculture in New Zealand with demonstrations including sheep dog and shearing. Afterwards you’ll head to Matamata for further insights into farming. Enjoy a lunch at Longlands Farm and then head on to the impressive city of Auckland. Take in a city sights tour to see Bastion Point, Viaduct Harbour and Auckland Harbour Bridge.
Overnight: VR Queen Street Hotel & Suites (Breakfast and lunch included)
Bay of Islands
On day 18 you’ll depart Auckland and head along the stunning Hibiscus Coast. Stop off to walk among the Kauri trees in Parry Kauri Park and then carry on to Whangarei, New Zealand’s most northerly city. Later you’ll visit Paihia in the lovely Bay of Islands and then take a scenic cruise to Cape Brett to see the famous Hole in the Rock. Day 19 is free to explore the rest of the Bay of Islands. Go dolphin watching, sailing or take a coach trip to Cape Reinga.
Overnight: Copthorne Hotel & Resort, Bay of Islands (Two breakfasts and one dinner)
In the morning you’ll travel to the Waitangi Treaty Reserve where New Zealand’s founding papers were signed. Later on you’ll return to Auckland for a celebratory farewell dinner with your tour group.
Overnight: VR Queen Street Hotel & Suites (Breakfast and dinner)
Today, after breakfast you’ll transfer to Auckland airport for your flight home.
- International & Domestic Flights
- Internal travel: Coach; Cruise
- Hotel (20 nights)
- 20 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 14 dinners included
- Sights and excursions as listed: Visit to the Church of the Good Shepherd; Overnight cruise on Milford Sound; Cruise through the Glow Worm Caves; Visit Franz Josef Glacier; Traditional Maori hangi feast; Visit to Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland; Visit to Bay of Islands; Maori cultural experience, Te Papa - Museum of New Zealand
- Tour guide throughout, local guides
Tour 2019 departure dates: 12 Sep, 10 Oct, 28 Nov, 19 Dec
Tour 2020 departure dates: 2 Jan, 30 Jan, 6 Feb, 20 Feb, 12 Mar
The following excursions are available to book - approximate prices per person in New Zealand dollars:
- Discover Kerikerl (Bay of Islands) $65
- Discover Russell – Mini Tour (Bay of Islands) $45
- Fullers Cape Reinga Via 90-mile Beach (Bay of Islands) $155
- Larnach Castle (Dunedin) $78
- Monarch Wildlife Cruise (Dunedin) $154
- Taleri Gorge Railway (Dunedin) $109
- Haast River Safari (Franz Josef Glacier) $109
- Air Safaris Grand Traverse Scenic Flight (Mt Cook) $395
- Abel Tasman Seashuttle – Discoverer Day (Nelson) $86
- Appellation Central Wine Tours – Boutique Wine Tour (Queenstown) $199
- Kiwi Birdlife Park (Queenstown) $55
- Lakeshore, Forest and Bird Guided Walk (Queenstown) $115
- Walter Peak BBQ Dinner and Earnshaw (Queenstown) $149
- Walter Peak BBQ Lunch and Earnslaw (Queenstown) $125
- Shotover Jet Boat Ride (Queenstown) $159
- Skippers Canyon Scenic Tour with Jet Boat (Queenstown) $195
- Canopy Tours (Rotorua) $159
- Rainbow Springs Wildlife Park (Rotorua) $45
- Hobbiton Movie Set Tour (Rotorua) $119
- Rotorua City and Lakes Duck Tour $75
- Weta Weillington $68
Please note these prices are a guide only and can change at any time.
Departure Dates & Prices
|Departure Dates||Prices From|
|Departure Dates||Prices From|
|28 Jan 20||€6159|
|04 Feb 20||€6079|
|18 Feb - 10 Mar 20||€6079|
|08 Sep 20||€6349|
|06 Oct - 20 Oct 20||€6729|
Prices correct as at 6pm on 20 Aug 2019. Please call for final price. Prices are per person based on 2 adults sharing a room. Other durations available - call for quote. Thursday departures . Different hotels of a similar standard may be used on certain departures. Supplements may apply on dates within certain dates during peak travel periods. AA
|Board Basis||Room Type|
|Mixed Board Basis||Standard Room|