Bed & Breakfast from €533 per person per night
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Kaimata Retreat is an awe-inspiring eco lodge on the cusp of the Papanui Inlet in Dunedin, providing guests with an intimate ambience and warm welcome. The location is remote and unspoiled, offering spectacular sightseeing opportunities to experience the surrounding scenery and wildlife. With a stylish design and relaxing accommodation, this lodge is the perfect place to escape from the bustle of modern-day life.
With a personal chef on-hand to create mouth-watering meals throughout your stay, you’ll be dining on fresh dishes that make use of the incredible local ingredients available. Along with a hot tub, surfing lessons and in-room spa treatments available, you’ll be able to ensure you make the most of your time here when you’re not exploring the surrounding area.
The lodge is located in Dunedin, set on the edge of Papanui Inlet on the Otago Peninsula. Kaimata Retreat offers a tranquil ambience thanks to its remote and scenic location, just 20 minutes from the Royal Albatross Colony.
- The lodge is an hour from Dunedin Airport
The lodge features three suites which are named after the local birdlife and offer amazing views of the surrounding scenery.
Each room features:
- Private deck with estuary views
- En-suite bathroom with robe, spa towel and toiletries
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- iPod docking station
- Homemade treats and fresh fruits
- Wi-Fi access
- Kahu Room – Features a queen-sized bed and panoramic views of the estuary; sleeps two adults
- Kotare Room – Offers uninterrupted views of the Papanui Inlet; sleeps two adults
- Korimako Room – Spacious room with a king-size bed and elegant décor; sleeps up to two adults and one child
The menu at Kaimata Retreat changes daily according to the produce available locally; prepared by personal chefs, your menu is tailored to your tastes to ensure dishes that are freshly-prepared and filled with local ingredients. There’s an emphasis on delicious vegetables, freshly caught seafood and wild venison, accompanied by New Zealand wines.
- Hot tub
- Mountain bikes
- Surfing and paddle-boarding
- In-room spa including massage and beauty treatments
- Wildlife tour (Additional cost)