from €645 per person per night
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Tucked away along the unbelievably sparkling waters of Lake Wakatipu, the serene Matakauri Lodge offers seclusion, tranquillity, and a sense of getting back to nature. The stunning vistas of soaring, snow-capped mountains, luscious green hills and glistening blue waters will surely take your breath away.
Nestled either in the main lodge or within the grounds, the suites here are welcoming and airy, boasting contemporary décor and floor-to-ceiling windows that offer wonderful natural light and incredible views.
Local ingredients and a fresh cooking style is on the menu at this lodge’s restaurant, serving up a delightful variety of modern and delicious New Zealand fare. Your meals aren’t confined to an indoor dining room either – there’s ample opportunity to enjoy an al-fresco lunch on the patio or in the picturesque courtyard.
Your days can be spent here as you please, relaxing in the gorgeous spa, taking a dip in the infinity pool, reading a book by a roaring fire in one of the cosy lounge areas, or simply resting in your bed as you take in the phenomenal mountain views.
Nestled along Lake Wakatipu, Matakauri Lodge is only a seven-minute drive from Queenstown, but still feels enticingly secluded and tranquil. This makes it the best of both worlds, leaving you to pick between exploring the bustling city, or staying put in your serene oasis.
All accommodation includes:
- Walk-in wardrobe
- Mini bar
- Air conditioning
- Flat screen LCD TV and DVD player
- Lodge Room – Nestled on the upper level of the main lodge, this 25sqm room can interconnect with Deluxe Suites.
- Suite – There are four of these 72.8sqm suites, two within the main lodge and two outlying. These suites enjoy a picturesque location on the lake front, featuring a private balcony, and a sitting/dining area.
- Deluxe Suite – There are seven of these 76sqm suites, one in the main lodge, the others outlying. These are the largest suites, boasting a spectacular view of the snow-capped mountains.
- Owner’s Cottage – A gorgeous four-bedroom cottage offering dramatic views of Lake Wakatipu and its backdrop of towering mountains. Featuring a main lounge, a study, a kitchen and a dining room. Can be rented as a two-bedroom or a four-bedroom.
There are plenty of scenic spots for you to enjoy your freshly created dishes, including the dining room, the patio, the courtyard or the lounge. The food here is wonderfully fresh and delicious, focusing on showing guests just how delectable New Zealand produce can be. The a la carte menu changes daily, meaning there is ample opportunity to try something new each day.
Breakfast: 7am-10.am in the dining room.
Pre-dinner drinks: Start at 6pm
- The main lodge features living and dining areas to relax in
- Infinity pool
- Luxury spa
- Fitness centre
- Sauna and Jacuzzi